I am back from Seattle now. Back to cold, wet, snowy Juneau Alaska. My trip did not fix my Arrhythmia like I and everyone was hopping. I have officially stumped the doctors at Virginia Mason and told that what I have was something that was not life threating and since I grew into this I could very well grow out of it. That is just a depressing answer to get from a doctor who specializes in hearts. I will be doing some follow up visits with the local doctor and keeping in touch with the guy from Seattle. Will see what happens.
A few higlights from the trip are:
- I got to see my dad who I have not seen in about 7 years
- It took the nurses 6 tries to get my I.V. Started. (I passed out after the 3rd attempt)
- The doctor was not able to poke my heart in a way to get it do it’s Arrhythmia thing. Nor was he able to get it to go crazy with drugs. Only after I swallowed water could they see the Arrhythmia which caused my doctor to laugh.
- He called in other doctors to watch this who also laughed.
- I was told that out of all my doctors colleagues only one had see something like this before about 20 years ago or so.
- I was lied to about how much it was going to hurt.
- I shared a recovery room with an older guy who had a hearing aid that would keep going off.
- I was unable to obtain a video tape copy of the procedure to post to youtube.